Certispec Occupational Health & Safety Policy
In support of this policy, the company has developed and implemented an OHS Management System (or OHS “Program”) which details how the company will manage its OHS functions.
Certispec Services Inc. is committed to:
- Protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
- Protecting and maintaining the physical, psychological, and social wellbeing of employees.
- Complying with applicable government OHS legislation as a minimum requirement.
- Minimizing the risk of occupational injury, illness, and property damage through: -
- Implementing an OHS Management System.
- Setting annual OHS goals and targets.
- Providing the financial and human resources necessary to effectively support the OHS policy and management system.
- Communicating OHS responsibilities to all employees including managers, supervisors, workers, contractors and visitors.
- Verifying that responsibilities are carried out and implementing corrective actions (including disciplinary action) when deficiencies are identified.
- Identifying workplace hazards and effectively communicating information about hazards and controls throughout the workplace.
- Responding to reports of OHS concerns from clients, employees, contractors, the public and other stakeholders in a timely fashion and
- Working cooperatively with and supporting the Joint Health and Safety committees.
- Emphasizing the importance of this policy to employees and communicating the policy through distribution and review during company orientations.
- Providing a workplace that is free from harm and providing high quality service while conducting profitable business is the company’s primary objective. This goal will be achieved through cooperative conduct and continual improvement of our OHS management system.
Certispec realizes that responsibilities need to be fulfilled at all levels of the company with respect to our OHS Management System. These responsibilities, including those for senior managers, department managers and workers are detailed in our OHS Management Manual under section 1.2 “OHS Responsibilities”.
The company OHS goals, individual targets, achievements, policies, and programs will be reviewed and evaluated at minimum annually in effort to measure company OHS performance and effectiveness. Corrective action plans will be developed, and deficiencies corrected following all program evaluations. Results of evaluations will be communicated to all employees.
This policy will be reviewed, at minimum, annually by the management team or as otherwise required by significant changes in the workplace or to regulatory requirements. Violations of this policy will be recorded, and corrective actions will be taken to prevent reoccurrence. Repeated disregard or willful violations of this policy by any employee at any level may be cause for discipline in accordance with the Progressive Discipline policy outlined in the Certispec Health and Safety Management System Manual.
Glen Todd, President
January 30th 2021