Visiting Our Operations
Welcome to Certispec Services Inc. We are committed to making your visit a safe and healthy one for you and others in our workplace.
It is for that reason that we require all visitors to Certispec facilities and workplaces to abide by the following safety rules while they're here.
Please take a moment and read this handout to ensure your safety during your visit.
Logging In and Out
- All visitors to Certispec shall come to the reception desk at the front of the building and sign the visitors log immediately upon arrival.
- Visitors must leave through the front reception area and log out.
All visitors will be accompanied by a host at all times while on our premises.
- It is forbidden to film or take photographs on Certispec premises without authorization.
- Electronic devices may not be connected to the company network without authorization. If internet access is required, please inform your host.
- We may ask that visitors sign a confidentiality agreement.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Open toed shoes and high heels are not permitted in the warehouse or laboratory areas.
- Safety glasses, gloves and a lab coat are required in all laboratory areas. A respirator mask and ear plugs should be worn when necessary.
- Please note that some floors may be wet and slippery. PLEASE WATCH YOUR STEP.
- Emergency eye wash stations and first aid kits are located throughout our facility.
- SDS are available on line and also in binders for any hazardous materials that are kept within our premises.
- Emergency evacuation maps are located throughout the facility indicating the location of first aid stations, fire extinguishers, emergency showers and alarm pulls.
- In an emergency situation, please follow your host to the correct muster station.
Rules of Conduct
- Follow all verbal instructions provided by your host.
- Do not touch any parts or attempt to operate any machine, device, or equipment unless authorized.
- Please do not distract workers operating machines, devices, or equipment.
- Please watch for forklift traffic in the warehouse.
- Report all injuries or safety incidents immediately, no matter how minor.
- Smoking is expressly prohibited throughout our facility except in designated outside
- Do not make use of your cellular telephone in the laboratories.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited in all laboratory areas.