Petroleum & Petrochemicals
Certispec provides expert inspection services to the petroleum, petrochemical, mineral acid & alkali industries. Through our network of offices across Canada, the USA, the Caribbean and our affiliation with a number of other inspection companies around the world, we can provide inspection on a global basis.
Our inspectors are experienced in the inspection of a variety of products such as:
- Crude Oil
- Residual Oils, Asphalt, Bunker Fuels
- Refined Products including Gasoline, Diesel Fuels, Aviation Fuels
- Petrochemicals, Base Stocks, Aromatics, Solvents, Lube Oils and Additives
- Liquefied Petroleum Gases and Liquefied Natural Gases
- Organic liquids, Acids, Alkalis
Services are provided to the exploration, refining, trading and liquid storage industries, and include:
- Supervision of marine loading, on-board transfer & discharge
- Quality and Quantity Control
- Bunker surveys
- Pipeline transfers
- Shore line pressure recording
- Cleanliness inspection of transportation & storage facilities
- Laboratory Analysis
- Calibration of liquid storage tanks
- Cargo Additive Treatment
- Independent verification of Quantity
- Independent verification of Quality
- Inspections are carried out in accordance with accepted International Standards as well as mutually agreed requirements of our principals.
- We are members of the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM), the Institute of Petroleum (IP), InnoTech Alberta and The International Federation of Inspection Agencies.
- We are members of the CGSB (Canadian General Standards Board) petroleum standards committees.